Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins Recipe
- ? cup MaryRuth’s Organic Protein Powder
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- ½ cup Coconut Sugar (or maple syrup or monk fruit)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ? cup Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup Smooth Almond Butter (or cashew or peanut butter)
- 1 cup Canned Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Flax Seed Eggs (or cage free/free range eggs)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a regular sized muffin pan (12 cup) or a mini cup muffin pan (24 cup) with liners. Add almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract to a bowl and, with a hand mixer, on medium speed, mix until well combined.
- Slowly add in flax eggs (or eggs) one at a time
- beat again for one minute until batter is smooth.
- Pour in coconut milk and mix on low speed until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut flour, baking powder, and MaryRuth’s Plant-Based Protein Powder.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix on low speed until batter is smooth. Fold in chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Use a tablespoon or cookie scoop to disperse batter evenly into cupcake liners.
- Bake for 17 minutes for mini muffins or 20 minutes for regular sized muffins. Test with a toothpick.
- When the toothpick comes out clean, they’re done! Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Store at room temperature for 3 days, in the refrigerator for 5 days, or in the freezer for 1 month and re-heat when hungry!
While you may use any brands you prefer, below are the brands MaryRuth loves to use when making this recipe at home: Chocolate Chips: Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels Almond Butter: Barney Butter Bare Smooth, with no added salt or sugar Canned Coconut Milk: Natural Value Organic Coconut Milk Coconut Oil: Artisana Organics Raw Coconut Oil