Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup Recipe
- 2 cans of San Marzano Organic WHOLE peeled tomatoes
- 2 yellow onions
- 6 cloves of peeled garlic, smashed
- 1 can of unsweetened, full fat coconut cream
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- Basil leaves
- Olive oil
- Optional tomato paste (see notes)
- Preheat the oven to 390 degrees.
- Spoon out whole tomatoes and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roughly chop onions,peel and smash garlic cloves and add to the baking sheet with tomatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil and salt and toss, ensuring ingredients are flat for even roast.
- Place in oven and roast until onions are mostly cooked through and tips are brown
- Take out the baking sheet and let cool for a couple minutes.
- Transfer baking sheet ingredients to a big pot or blender.
- Add basil leaves, coconut cream, and broth.
- Use an Immersion Blender (or regular blender) to mix all ingredients together until desired texture.
If you want more tomato and less coconut or broth, then add a bit of tomato paste. When plating, garnish with olive oil and basil. If using a blender, let cool for longer before putting in the blender.