[Uptown Design] Delicious Bacon Mac & Cheese
This is my absolute favourite mac and cheese recipe. Even though I'm slightly allergic to cheese.
This was adapted from an old cook-book I found in the basement; give it a try and let me know your thoughts on it!
I usually add a little bit more breadcrumbs on than the recipe calls for, but I'm slightly obsessed with Panko I think!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Grease a baking dish.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Strain in cold water then set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Add 1 tablespoons butter to the pan and then add in milk. Whisk together and slowly add in flour.
- Add the cornstarch to the half and half and whisk until smooth. Slowly add it to skillet followed by mustard and garlic powder.
- Cook sauce for a few more minutes, until it begins to slightly thicken. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Crumble bacon and add on top of pasta in the pan. Toss evenly to combine.
- Pour the mixture into your greased baking dish.
- Add panko and butter mixture on top of the pasta.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Add some chopped green onions on top right before serving to put this dish over the top!
- Serving Size
- 1 serving
- per serving
- 15 grams
- 8 grams
- 4 grams
- 6 grams
- Trans Fat
- 4 grams